"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Lesson Learned

I try to limit my kids' screen time, but lets face it. Sometimes screens make my life MUCH easier. During the weekdays my kids aren't supposed to watch TV or play video games, but when I need them to be occupied they can play educational games on my phone or the computer.

This morning, I needed to get myself and the babies dressed and ready to go. So I handed Aaron the phone.

Me - Aaron, you may play educational games for the next 15 minutes.

Aaron - Like my Mater Racing game.

Me - No, like an ABCs game, or reading or math or puzzles. Anything in your "educational games" folder on the iPhone.

Aaron - Well we need to move that Mater racing game out of the non-educational games folder and into educational games folder, because it is teaching me how to drive. And driving is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment