"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Monday, June 3, 2013

Tie Shoes

Peter and Aaron desperately need new sneakers. They have been begging me to take them to get new ones, so I figured this was a good time to teach them a new skill.

Their whole lives they have had Velcro sneakers, never learning how to tie shows. A friend of mine recently told me that her son's school had a practice shoe box with laces for the kids to practice on, so I thought I would try it. As an incentive, they would be allowed to go pick out their new shoes as soon as they learn how to tie. This is the response I get:

Me - Here is the plan, as soon as you learn how to tie the practice shoe, I will take you to pick out any pair of sneakers that you want.

Aaron - Weeeeeell, I think my old shoes are juuuuust perfect. Have fun with that, Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment