"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hi... Again

So, I've tried this before.  I had a blog about my new family after my first was born.  Then I had a blog about my Dad.  Then I had a real life off the internet and posting about it seemed too overwhelming.  But I figure now that I have a fourth child, it is a great time to throw another log on the fire.  What the hell else do I have going on - this sounds like a novel idea!  Ha... yeah right.

Really, I just found an app that will allow me to post from my phone (which make it easy). 

Plus, I realize that since my kids don't have baby books (YET... I have big plans for hours of scrapbooking every day in 6 years once they are all in school) this will be a good way to remember all the crap they do that makes me laugh... or want to lock them in closets. 

Also, after five years of parenting and meeting other moms, I realize that most people want the world to think that they are perfect, even though they aren't.  And that makes other people (especially moms) feel like they aren't good enough.  And that sucks because moms generally rock no matter how much they feel like they are failing (and we ALL feel like we are failing at some point). 

This blog will not be sugar coated, it will be the honest to God, I got puked on five times last week, my kids watch too much TV, sometimes I want to kill my husband even though he is amazing, what the fuck happened to my body, nitty gritty truth of parenting four amazing (annoying) kids.

If you don't understand sarcasm and dislike the occasional curse word that is needed for emphasis (and yes, when referring to what the fuck happened to my body, it is needed), or if you don't have a sense of humor about life, or if you dislike run-on sentences, this should probably be the last time you click on this blog.

Oh and this is also for all the Aunts/God Mothers who consistently give me shit about not posting blogs.  You win ladies - I'm back (you know, until I get too busy to post again).

No comments:

Post a Comment