"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Shit Happens

The past 18 days have been my own personal hell. However, if you know me you know that I try not to take anything too seriously so I usually don't let things get to me. Until my babies are sick. For over two weeks. Then, I might lose it.

This month I've been sleep deprived, pulled in all directions at home, up to my eyeballs in laundry, bickering like crazy with my husband (sad how we take out frustrations on the people we love most), and through it all I have also been sick myself. But apparently I've been too busy to really let the situation sink in because through it all I haven't cried or lost it once.

Then this morning (after a long night with my sick baby), I got lost and was twenty minutes late for Steven's follow up doctors appointment. Then after stripping him down to be weighed I found out that he had lost 5 ounces since getting sick. So there I was, sitting in the exam room with Steven wearing nothing but a diaper sitting on my lap.

Feeling very defeated, I finally let all the emotion out and started weeping. And at that moment (in true BeVard form) my sweet baby (obviously in search of some comic relief) unleashed the most enormous poop of his life. All over me.

It was disgusting and embarrassing and gave me the first good laugh I've had all month.





1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love you... And love the fact that you took the time to shoot all these poopy pictures and not spring into action and start scrubbing!!

    Tommy

    ReplyDelete