"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Friday, February 8, 2013

Family Dynamics

Peter brought home a picture he had made in art class. It was two people (a man and a woman), so I assumed it might be Brett and me.

Me - Peter, did you make a picture of of Daddy and me (holding up the picture I had found in his backpack)?

Peter - no, that is Jesus's parents.

Me - oh, Mary and Joseph?

Peter - NO, his PARENTS. Mary and GOD. Joseph was just Mary's husband, not the dad. You know mommy, sometimes moms and dads don't live together and the moms marry someone else.

Apparently, the concept of immaculate conception is lost on my child, but divorce isn't.

In related stories, Brett reaction to the picture/conversation? "I didn't know God had a mustache!"

No comments:

Post a Comment