"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Friday, February 1, 2013

Pinterest Worthy?

When I created this blog my goal was to incorporate a few elements of my life...

1. Day to day nonsense that happens in our life. Funny stories, milestones, and rants that go along with being a mom.

2. Daily photo. Just to capture a moment from our day.

3. Parenting commentary. Tips and observations that I've learned on my journey.

4. Progress reports as I struggle to get back my girlish figure.

And last but not least -

5. "Pin-spirations" - projects, recipes and more that I found and tried on my favorite time suck website, Pinterest.

Obviously, if you have been following this blog you know that I haven't done #5 yet, but I'm working on a project (a felt rug made out of fabric scraps) and will be posting about it when I'm done.

In the mean time, I thought I'd post about a project I did this morning. It wasn't inspired by Pinterest (actually I got the idea from my kids' pediatrician's office), but it seems like something I would find pinned on my "Party Ideas" board.

I am Co-Hosting a baby shower tomorrow and (like most showers have) we will be playing some games during the shower. At most showers I go to there aren't enough working pens to go around when those "Unscramble These Words About Baby" quizzes start circling the room.

At the last shower I threw I made sure to bring a cup full of pens with me, but this time I wanted to jazz it up a bit.  At my kids' pediatrician's office their pens are taped to flowers so no one will steal them.  Brilliant!

I headed to the $1 Store and picked up fake flowers, three glass vases and pens (I already had duct tape at home, or that also would have been on my list).


All I had to do was cut the stems of the flowers off of the bundles of flowers, and tape them to the end of each pen:


Finished product

Once I was finished I had three centerpieces (I used 40 pens).  I didn't take a photo when I was completely finished, but I also added a ribbon around the next of each vase and glass marbles at the bottom to make them look a little more festive.


Pretty and useful all in one - love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment