"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Full Moon

Some mornings when the boys wake up and Brett and I are still in bed, Peter and/or Aaron will climb into our bed and snuggle for a little while.

Yesterday morning it was Peter. I had my head laying on Brett's chest, so I felt him get into out bed, but couldn't see him. After a little while Peter started talking.

Peter - what is the weather today?

Me - probably sunny, but cold.

Peter - ok, I will wear pants. I need medicine for my butt. (He has had a rash that itches him).

Me - ok, I will get it in a little while.

Peter - ok.

Five more minutes pass with no talking or movement.

Peter - mom! I NEED my butt medicine.

Me - ok Peter, I'm getting up.

I turn to look at Peter for the first time and there he is next to me. Pants around his ankles, downward dog position with his naked butt inches from my face.

Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment