"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Rangers Suck!

My dad passed away 14 months before my first child, Peter, was born. His death has proven to be a hard subject to talk about with my children, as I break down at the thought that they will never meet him.

As the years have passed, I have opened up to the kids a little more regarding my dad. They know that my son Peter was names after my dad. They know he is in heaven. They know how to recognize his picture and that I miss him a lot. But shockingly, until this morning they apparently didn't know he played hockey.

Recently, I have been working on cleaning out my mothers house to sell and have found a few treasures. One was a framed photo of my dad in full hockey gear. I put in up in my living room a couple days ago and this morning Aaron noticed it and brought it to me with questions.

Aaron - Mom, is this guy your dad?

Me - Yes.

Aaron - Your dad played hockey?

Me - Yes

Aaron - Was he on the Caps?

Me - No, he wasn't quite good enough to play for the Caps.

Aaron - So he played for the Rangers?

No comments:

Post a Comment