"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lovey Lamb: Part 2, The Resurrection

I have written about Aaron's Lovey Lamb before.

People always ask when he got it, or when he became attached. I know we got it at his baby dedication celebration, but I really feel like Lovey Lamb has been part of the family as long as Aaron has.

However long it has been since Aaron became attached to it, is the same amount of time that I've been looking for a back up Lovey Lamb in case it got lost (which it has MANY times). I searched every Christian book store, baby store, EBay, Amazon and Google and always came up short. We even bought a few fake look-a-likes but Aaron was never fooled.

Then, two weeks ago Aaron was in my bed playing with Lovey Lamb. When (for the first time in over 4 years) it dawned on me - does Lovey Lamb have a tag with a company name I could Google? The fact that it took me 4 years to think of this just proves what being pregnant so many times does to your brain.

It was almost illegible, but I could still make out the "His Gem" label. A quick Google search for "His Gem Lamb" and ten seconds later I am staring at Lovey Lamb on my computer screen.

My excitement level was right up there with being proposed to or finding out I was pregnant or watching the Caps win the Winter Classic. Except more irrational because we are talking about a child's security blanket.

Obviously I ordered three right away. One for Aaron and two more for friends who are having babies.

When it came in the mail, I could not believe the difference:

New:
Old:
 Side-by-side:

Last night, my friend, Sarah, the mother of my sweet God Son, MJ, opened her new Lovey Lamb.  Her first word were - I think we should just frame it now, before he gets attached to it!





No comments:

Post a Comment