"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Confidence

Peter came home from school yesterday very proud of a gingerbread girl that he had made in school.

Peter - mom, look at my gingerbread girl! Isn't she cute? I made her for Campbell.

Me - very cute. Did everyone make one?

Peter - no. All the boys made gingerbread MEN and the girls made gingerbread girls. But we were allowed to make whatever we wanted, so I made a girl.

Me - well she is really good.

Peter - some of the boys made fun of me. And they even tell me that boys don't like ponies or princesses. But I told them they are wrong because I'm a boy and I like ponies and princesses.

This is not the first time Peter has stood up to boys because he likes some more traditionally feminine toys. And every time I am so filled with pride that he has that kind of confidence and knows who he is. I'm pretty sure I didn't have that until I was at least 25, so he's way ahead of me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment