"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Month One: Water

Before I had kids I had a super hot body. I never would have said or even thought that back then; but let's face it, I did. I wore a size 2 jeans and size 32DD bra and weighed about 130 pounds. After I had Aaron (my second) I got close to that. I was about 140 pounds and wore a size 6 jeans. Then I had my thyroid removed and gave birth two more times (all four of my kids were c-sections so my abs have been cut open 4 times). Today (two months postpartum) I am 182 pounds, wearing a size 12 jeans and size 40E bra (blame that on being a nursing mom).

I hate my size. I hate the way my clothes fit. I hate feeling out of shape.

Over the past 25 months I have been pregnant for 18 months and recovering from c-sections for 4 months. Not a lot of time in there to get in shape. And now that I am in the throws of being a mom of four, the time and preparation it would take to think about meal plans and a workout schedule are obscenely overwhelming. Hell, getting through the day is overwhelming.

But I want to do SOMETHING, so this year I am going to pick something small I can change each month to improve my health and hopefully look better naked. The point being, no matter how busy you are it isn't hopeless. At the end of the month I'll post my new weight, and wrap up how it went.

This month I am cutting out all liquid calories and only drinking water. No wine, no booze, no pop, no milk, no coffee... Just water.

Seriously all I want now is everything I just listed... It's going to be a long month.

Oh yeah... And here are my "before" pictures. Birth control for all of you who don't have kids yet.







No comments:

Post a Comment