"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Diversity

We live in a very diverse area. By that I mean that my son is one of the only (if not the only) white student in his class. His class is the kindergarten equivalent of the United Nations. Peter is both aware and un-phased by this fact.

A couple months ago we stayed after school and let the kids play on the playground. Brett was off work so we were sitting on a bench chatting when Peter came over requesting to learn how to say "Hi, my name is Peter" in Spanish. Then he promptly ran over to another little boy and repeated the phrase.

Boy - huh???

Peter - What language do you speak?

Boy - English, duh!

It was at that moment that Brett and I looked over and realized that the boy Peter was trying to speak Spanish to was actually Korean.

No comments:

Post a Comment