"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Monday, March 25, 2013

Confidence

I think I've said before that my kids have some crazy awesome self confidence. I am not really sure what I did right to make them so self assured, but I'm glad I did it.

Although, it is sort getting out of control. Take this morning. Aaron brought me a picture he had drawn of the whole family.

Me - aww, thanks Aaron, you're so cute to make this for me!

Aaron - um, excuse me, I'm not cute. I'm totally awesome.

Me - haha, ok Aaron, you're awesome.

Then I went back to cooking their breakfast. Not two minutes later I hear Peter singing in the living room to Campbell and Steven. Aaron was sitting six feet away coloring again, seemingly not paying attention to his siblings.

Peter - if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands.

Aaron - if you're Aaron and you know it, just be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment