"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Peek-a-boo

I am frequently asked why we have so many kids. You know because I am not Mormon or Catholic so it's apparently confusing to people as to why I would voluntarily have four kids.

The short answer is this - it is what I wanted when I was a kid. I was super jealous of my best friend growing up. She was the youngest of four and I wanted so badly to be part of their family (they would all tell you that I still try to weasel my way in).

I've just always thought there was something so cool about the dynamics of large families. The constant bickering and unconditional love. Having a team of people to protect you at school or entertain you at home.

Then I became a mom of four, and holy cow is it hard work. Everyday I feel like my head is going to explode and every night I fall into bed like I ran a marathon that day.

There are moments when I honestly wonder what I got myself into and question my decision to have 4 babies in 5 years. And that's typically when something like the following sequence of photos happens and I know it is all worth it.

I give you Campbell playing peek-a-boo with Steven this morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment