"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Happy St. Patty's Day

I love magic. Not like David Blaine "magic" - kid magic. The magic of Christmas morning, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. The Internet has been an amazing tool in my quest to make my kid's special events magical.

After going through tons of fun ideas from Pinterest, the Tooth Fairy brought this dollar (dusted with "fairy dust") and miniature note for Peter's first lost tooth.


St. Patrick's Day was never something I thought of as magical (except for maybe 6 years ago when I got married on St. Patty's), but then Peter came home from school with a "leprechaun catcher".

He is SUPER excited about the potential of catching a leprechaun. Apparently the fake pot of gold will lure a leprechaun. Kind of creepy.

Then a friend from high school posted a photo of "leprechaun foot prints" in her classroom and I got an idea.

When the kids wake up tomorrow and come downstairs, they will find a set of little green leprechaun foot prints going from our front door to the "leprechaun catcher". Magic.






No comments:

Post a Comment