"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Friday, March 22, 2013

Tech Savvy

My kids are totally tech savvy. At 5 and 4 years old the boys can navigate to their web games on the computer, turn on and play the TV, DVD player, Wii and DS by themselves and sometimes even correct me on how to use an iPhone.

It is super annoying because now they try to use their devices without permission. However, we've been working on that and today the boys asked if they could watch a The Grinch Movie with Jim Carrey after school. We have that movie on VHS and our only VHS player is in their room. I told them it was fine and sent them on their way up to their room.

Fifteen minutes later I realized that I didn't hear the movie playing over the baby monitor so I headed upstairs to check on them. Peter and Aaron were both sitting in their bed staring at a blank TV.

Me - What are you two doing?

Aaron - We were waiting for you.

Me - I told you it was ok, you don't have to wait for me.

Peter - We can't watch without you.

Me - Oh, are their scary parts? Do you want me to watch it with you?

Aaron - No. We need you to turn it on.

Peter - Yeah, our TV doesn't have a remote so we don't know how to turn it on.

Aaron - And we don't know how to load those kinds of DVDs.

Apparently they are 2013 tech savvy, but 1993 tech stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment