"Do you wanna know what its like to have a fourth [child]? Just imagine you're drowning, and then someone hands you a baby... I haven't slept in 7 years." - Jim Gaffigan

Friday, March 1, 2013

Honesty

Peter is a very honest child, almost to a fault.

For example, on Thursday when I pick him up from school the first thing out of his mouth was:

Peter - Mom, I have bad news. I had a timeout today, but I don't want to tell you what I did because I'll get in more trouble.

Me - you need to tell me what you did. I might be disappointed but I will not put you in time out for a second time.

Peter - I stole an Oreo from Marty and ate it.

Although I wasn't happy about the theft, I had to laugh at his honesty and remorse.

The next morning, Aaron came into my room to let me know Peter was sick and wouldn't get out of bed.

I went into their room to investigate and found Aaron's description to be accurate, then just about lost it when Peter told me what happened.

Peter - Mom I'm too sick to go to school today I have a fever and a sore throat and a cough. I think this is what happens to little boys to steal Oreos.

No comments:

Post a Comment